Natural Slate Roofing Benefits
Slate roofs are not just durable, they are additionally water tight and also resistant to the weathering due to the natural elements. For centuries slate has actually been truly well-known for its organic beauty and exceptional resistance to weathering. Although most of the residents pick slate roof for its visual charm, purposefully or unknowingly they also wind up enhancing their home worth because of many perks of having a slate roof covering.
Although the top qualities of slate vary with the attributes of the rock it has actually been obtained from, the slate for your roofing must possess both sturdiness as well as hardness. When it is difficult it’s easier to punch in nails and destroy the items to different sizes without it breaking or breaking at the seams.
Natural Slate is one of Chicagoland’s most popular choices when it comes to roofing because of its durability and non-fading elements. CUPA PIZARRAS leads the way when it comes to natural slate quality, appearance and overall weather sustainability.
The solidity avoids it from absorbing water during wet climate and also the repeating developments and contractions that can trigger the nail gaps to enlarge, loosening the roof as a consequence.
Homeowners opting for a slate roofing also enjoy lower insurance premiums because of having a fire resistant roof– since slate is made from stone, it doesn’t catch fire easily. With most of the slates having an absorption index of less than 0.4 % they are very resistant to water and therefore, they are not prone to cracking with the change of period. Due to the level surface area as well as very easy placing they can stand up to intense winds and they can easily endure via serious hailstorm storms without much damage.
It also reduces your energy costs because of its natural insulation capabilities. Whether you want to preserve cooler air inside or warm air, a slate roofing system doesn’t let it easily escape.
Why use slate over other roofing materials?
- Slate offers you an unparalleled mix of longevity and also natural beauty
- It can be cut into thin floor tiles of consistent density without much difficulty
- A wide selection of natural slate shades and rich textures can enhance the aesthetic sense of any building
- A typical roof covering made of slate could last for more compared to 120 years without repairs.
- Slate being 100 % natural building material, it requires minimal processing and consequently, incurs less wastage of materials
- Slate reclaimed from older buildings can be reused for newer renovations
- No chemicals or artificial products called for unlike other artificial roofing materials
- Slate roof coverings are fire immune, they are waterproof and they do not retain snow or ice
- Quickly repairable after unexpected breakage
- Slate roofs are insect resistance as insects can not effortlessly burrow right into slate, lay eggs or develop colonies inside the holes
Interesting in more information on a natural slate roof? Call us at (847) 827-1605 for a FREE ESTIMATE!